Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweenona

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
I like to do surf the web, etc. while watching movies, so I was wondering if there was a way to make DVD Player always on top of all open windows.

I was able to do this for iTunes videos, but haven't been able to find a way to do it with DVD Player or Quicktime.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sweenona

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Under the view menu in DVD Player is an option named: "Viewer above other apps" try that.

I don't see a View menu. At the top of the screen I see DVD Player, File, Edit, Video, Controls, Go, Window, a picture of a scroll, and Help. I've searched through these and haven't found any options to make DVD Player viewable over other apps. Sorry if I'm missing something that's really obvious, I'm a little new to Macs. Also my OS is Tiger, I don't know if that changes anything.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
I'm on Leopard, according to the About screen my DVD player is version 5.0

Update - I just checked and it's a feature that was just added for the Leopard version (5.0).

Sweenona

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
So does anyone know how to set this option up with DVD Player version 4.6.5 for Tiger?

gothamm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
So does anyone know how to set this option up with DVD Player version 4.6.5 for Tiger?

i'd say use vlc media player as it has that option and is just an awesome overall player.

if you are worried about not being able to use your apple remote, it is compatible with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.