Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asone

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2009
Please help me ^_^

I have eyeTV DTT.

USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0021&REV_0100
USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0021

roed

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2009
Hi all.
I have tried this and I have installed the drivers for my Hybrid tuner with success. THANX :)
But when I run the TV config in Media Center it only says I have a DVB-T tuner and are missing the analogue and most importent the DVB-C tuner!
Somewhere else on the net I read that there should be one instance pr tuner part of the Hybrid tuner in device manager. 1 for analogue, 1 for DVB-C, 1 for DVB-T and 1 for radio but I only have 1 in my device manager.

Am I the only one missing all of these?

Thanks,
Roed

edemusmaximus

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
windows 7 64bit

eyetv shows up with these ID
USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0024&REV_0100
USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0024
please help!

smiley2000

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2009
Miami, Fl
Windows 7 Professional

Hello Wakerider017

Thank you for help everyone this the elgato. can you send my the modifed drives. Your help is greatly appriecated.

USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0024&REV_0100
USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0024

Once again thank you.....

B-e-N

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2009
Please

heey guys i know this thread is a bit old but i was wondering i have an acer with vista installed on it and i love playing my 360 and would like to record some videos of me playing but the dazzle/dazzle platinum capture cards are not very good and my friend has an elgato eye and they are amazing and they are always recording so they are perfect.. Anyway to the point i was wondering is there anything very similar to the elgato or can anyone get it to somehow work for me and by the way please anwesr back please please please... :(:(:(:eek:

Jazzza

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2009
How to make Elgato Eyetv Hybrid work on Windows XP/Vista/7 - 32bit

Hello i came here as a new member after a quick Gurge for drivers for my hp g70 111ea :( i know couldnt afford a mac at the time the eyetoy was a christmass present for my daughter who has a macbook im searching for any way to run the eyetv on winblows

Hello wakerider017 and all at MacRumers i like many others would appreciate it if you could help
get this little bugger working on win7/vista with new skins

i have searched your post but id numbers not a match

MINE ARE
USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0011&REV_0100
USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0011

eyetv diversity Dual-tuner DVB-T Stick
elgato turbo.264

on activation card it says Eye TV 3 :confused:

thank you in advance

Jazzza

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2009
thank you fhall1 and Hello

:) Quick update for others found a fix to the problem hope it helps others that read this one and need help to install Eyetv on winblows
Elgato EyeTV Diversity for Windows and Mac and Manual Driver Installs

LINK TO DRIVERS PAGE

I had success with the Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick 2001e drivers Eyetv working through media centre
Be sure to read the post for how to link to drivers also as said i had a hard look around with several hours reading many different ways found this one to work best
drivers for x32 + x64
from inside the 32bit folder driver name [ PCTVDiBIR ]

worked on winblow 7 ultimate .... So guessing will work on Vista [after all Win7 is Vista with new skin ... ]

so good luck n hope this helps some..
25svqcw.gif
2j5lwev.jpg

loni

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2009
Elgato diversity driver installation fails on xp

:) Quick update for others found a fix to the problem hope it helps others that read this one and need help to install Eyetv on winblows
Elgato EyeTV Diversity for Windows and Mac and Manual Driver Installs

LINK TO DRIVERS PAGE

I had success with the Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick 2001e drivers Eyetv working through media centre
Be sure to read the post for how to link to drivers also as said i had a hard look around with several hours reading many different ways found this one to work best
drivers for x32 + x64
from inside the 32bit folder driver name [ PCTVDiBIR ]

worked on winblow 7 ultimate .... So guessing will work on Vista [after all Win7 is Vista with new skin ... ]

so good luck n hope this helps some..
25svqcw.gif
2j5lwev.jpg

Please, can anyone save my Bootcamp Windows XP tv setup?
Followed the above Driver installation instructions, only to be greeted at the crucial moment by a "The file does not contain any information about your Hardware" message.
What am I doing wrong..?
Help Please...
The driver link state Xp as compatible.

Monty5210

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2011
hey i have an EYE TV Hybrid and the Hardware ID is USB\VID_2040&PID_6502&REV_0110
so your driver didnt work, also that link in your first post is broken...
im using Win 7 32 Bit... thanks for your help :D

gpberglund

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2018
Hey guys, I know a lot of us have the Elgato Eyetv Hybrid and would love to use it on our Macs in conjunction with Bootcamp & Windows. Well I finally figured out how to do it! All I had to do is slightly modify some Windows drivers.

The hardware being used is very similar to the Hauppauge USB Sticks.

Elgato made 2 versions of the hybrid; the older version without QAM and the newer version with QAM. (It has been brought to my attention they also have a new version out with radio capabilities).

I have only been able to test this on the hybrid WITH QAM.

I was able to slightly modify the Hauppauge drivers which allowed the Elgato Eyetv Hybrid to work under windows using both the Windows Media Center and the standalone player by Hauppauge.

So here is what you need to do:

Go to Device Manager

Vista users: Right click on Computer > Click Properties > Click Device Manager

Now you should see some devices under "Other devices" with a yellow question mark next to them. Both should be called "EyeTV Hybrid" There are two because the USB stick has both a digital and analog tuner.

Right click on either device > Click Properties > Click Details tab > Where it says Property, scroll down to Hardware IDs

If the bold numbers match, these drivers will work for you. (If they don't match please provide me with your numbers so I can try and make drivers that will work for you.)
USB\VID_0FD9&PID_0008&REV_0005&MI_03

Now we can close the EyeTV Hybrid Properties windows which brings us back to Device Manager.

Download both the modified drivers (an attachment below) and the manufacturer software here:

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/install_cd/cd_4.6a+.zip

Unzip and open the manufacturer software, navigate to the Drivers folder, and replace: HCWemBda.inf and HCWemBda64.inf with the modified drives you downloaded from me. (You also have to unzip and open the folder you downloaded from me).

Now go back to your Device Manager window, Right click on one of the EyeTV Hybrid devices with the yellow question mark next to it and click Update Driver Software...

Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click browse and navigate to the drivers folder from the manufacturer's software > Click Ok.

Do the same for the other device in Device Manager.

Now go to the manufacturer's software you downloaded earlier and double click Setup.

Finish the install and you should be Done :)

NOTE: People with a different version of the hybrid than me: Please let me know what your Hardware ID is as described in the steps above. Thanks
[doublepost=1545227672][/doublepost]I am a long time mac user with an eyetv usb stick, but my mac crashed and I'm trying to get it to work on a new windows 10 computer. my usb stick hardware id is
USB\VID_2040&PID_6513&REV_0110
USB\VID_2040&PID_6513
and it doesn't recognize the edited driver you shared as an option for this stick, so it ends up installing it as hauppage wintv hvr-980, and then it doesn't work.
I have searched the internet and am not finding a working driver. Can you help me?

Also the link to the Hauppage driver that you posted doesn't work anymore

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.