How to make iphone not check for certain wifi networks?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mnpmac, Sep 1, 2009.

1. mnpmac macrumors member

At my work place, there is a secure wifi n/w for which I cannot login (company does not support iphones). So everytime I open up an app/safari, I get the popup window to connect to the n/w. It becomes quite irritating after a while:mad:
    Is there a way to disable it for this particular n/w?
    I dont want to disable the global option as I would like to have it popup when I am somewhere else.

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Settings> Wifi> On> Click network you dont want like you're going to join it> Click blue arrow> Forget this network.

3. mnpmac thread starter macrumors member

Instead of "forget this n/w", I am looking more for "dont show this n/w anymore".
    For eg: if the wifi n/w "macrumors" is in range, when I open up Safari, by default, I get the window:
    Select a Wi-Fi Network
    macrumors

I would like it to not show macrumors atall and therefore if it is the only wifi n/w in range, I wont get the window "Select a Wi-Fi Network"

4. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Yeah, that doesn't ignore the network. It just forgets it until you go out of range. When you come back, it will ask if you want to join.

This would be a nice feature, since one often encounters private networks in a given location that one would regularly like to exclude.

5. freepeacesweet macrumors member

freepeacesweet

You would also need to turn off 'ask to join networks'.