How to make Ipod remember it left off in an Audiobook

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by testeng1966, Jun 20, 2008.

1. testeng1966 macrumors member

I'm listening to an Audiobook and I notice most of the time it remembers when i pause and leave the music section, but after a sync or if someone accidently selects a song, i can't remember where I was? Any ideas for how to do it?

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

this isn't really an official way but what you could do is before you exit out of the audiobook, look how far you've gone into it (ex. 12:50) and then make a new note with the time in it. then the next time you go to listen to your audiobook just go look at the note to see where you left off.

3. ajthomason macrumors 6502

I have a touch, but have never tried this on it. It worked perfectly on my iPod Photo, so I assume it will still be the same...

Go to iTunes, convert the file to M4A. Find the location of the file and rename the extension from ...m4a to ...m4b then re add it to iTunes.

The 'b' stands for 'bookmark' so it should be able to store the location when you sync it to your mac/pc.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, it has done on all previous iPods. (If it doesn't ... then sorry!).