How to make Leopard dock opaque

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HerbyGunther, Nov 24, 2007.

1. HerbyGunther macrumors member

I have seen some topics about how to change the menu bar of Leopard back to opaque, but have not come across one for the dock. I just installed Leopard, although I love it overall, the new dock with its transparency kinda distract me while working. So my question is:

- how to make the grey 'floor' of the dock opaque?

OR

- how to get back the Tiger dock?

Thanks in advance.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You can set the dock to auto-hide. You can use various haxies but until the developers have gotten the bugs ironed out for these haxies I wouldn't touch them as it may make your Leopard experience less than desirable.

3. kostia macrumors regular

Mine is opaque. Just follow the same instructions (available here and everywhere) to edit the .png files inside the Dock.app package and make "scurve-__.png" (where __ is xl, l, m, or s) look like you want the "floor" of the Dock to look. I pasted in a strip of my desktop picture, and my Dock is now as close to invisible as I want it. You will probably also want to edit the border/corner images and frontline.png to be completely transparent (empty) or whatever.

Of course editing the images inside the application package requires using the command line and sudo, and if you're not comfortable with that you should just learn to live with it as it is.

4. HerbyGunther thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I already found out how to do it. Found somewhere something about "dark dock". It is much nicer now. Not only aestectically, but everything is more clear.