How to make Mac running at full speed without battery installed??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by airlied, Aug 16, 2017.

1. airlied, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017

airlied macrumors regular

airlied

I have a macbook pro (15 inch, late 2013 model).

And last month, I found that the battery is swollen......

Then I immediately removed the battery from the laptop (It was quite hard, and you may need tools for that).

I also has a 2017 model macbook pro (13'). But to be honest, the late 2013 model is way more powerful ( quad core vs dual core, independent graphic vs integrate graphic ......).

So I want to make my old mac a desktop.

But there is one issue, the mac is running underpowered and extremely slow without battery ( And I dont want to reattach the battery since it's kind of dangerous).

Then I did some digging, says "Mac runs underpowered with no battery inside because it prevents system shutting down when system requires too much power that power cord along cant handle).

I was shocked. Apple is a jerk. Who the hell would design a laptop that power brick alone cant provide the full power the laptop needs?

Anyway. My question is, do I have any way to make mac running at full speed? not in downclocked state?

Like, Does there have any command code that fool the system by making it thinks the battery is still there_ or anything else?

Thank you! Please help me!

2. robvas macrumors 68020

It needs the extra power from the battery, so no.

3. deadworlds macrumors 6502a

deadworlds

Does ifixit have a replacement battery for your laptop? If so, get one and install it. Then your laptop will be a laptop once again.