Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hi,
is there an app for OSX which can produces this kind of "screenshots"

delivery-status-touch-480.png

overview_maps_image_20110302.jpg

I of course know how to make a classic screenshot of my ipad/iphone but I'd like them to include also the device itself.

Do I have to do it manually in Photoshop or is there an app for that ?

cheers,
Tex

Last edited:

Pracht

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
Totally thought for a second that you were asking for a way for the iPad to take a screenshot including its own actual body in the image.

My brain almost exploded.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Totally thought for a second that you were asking for a way for the iPad to take a screenshot including its own actual body in the image.

My brain almost exploded.
hahaha

I think the iPad 3 will have such a feature ;)

Last edited:

Samppaa

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2010
For iPhone version you can take a screenshot of the simulator and use that, but for the iPad I guess you need to photoshop.

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
ok :(

I need to find the devices frames and I'll use photoshop then

Yes, there is a wonderful free app:

http://www.curioustimes.de/iphonesimulatorcropper/

It will take the screenshot and show that frame around it. You can have it be glossy or not. If the instructions aren't clear on the app, basically you have to be running the app in the iOS simulator and then you load up the app and take the screenshots. Works fantastically.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Yes, there is a wonderful free app:

http://www.curioustimes.de/iphonesimulatorcropper/

It will take the screenshot and show that frame around it. You can have it be glossy or not. If the instructions aren't clear on the app, basically you have to be running the app in the iOS simulator and then you load up the app and take the screenshots. Works fantastically.
Great !! I will give it a try.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.