How to make/mount Windows 7 to Flash Drive on mount

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tramain, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Tramain macrumors newbie

I wanna install windows 7 on my PC & I have Windows 7 ISO on my Mac how do I mount/install Windows on the Flash drive to setup it on my PC?

2. Flint2525 macrumors newbie

I have just wanted to do that that my self its not that easy with a Mac and an iso to make a bootable USB. i choose the win7 tool and used my dads pc not checked if it will or can be used on a Mac say for bootcamp not had time and my Graphic card died on me.

Firstly windows offer a tools to create a bootable flash drive HERE

One option if you know some one with windows or have a virtual machine.

The other options are to use clone software but on a mac you get error with most of the apps out there, if i remember correctly its because the iso is a unrecognized format for Mac to clone.

Im sure some one will know how to do this using Terminal or something i got a little lost when they started talking about that.

Also you could try creating a .dmg with toast then carbon copy cloner CCC I usd a .dmg of 10.5 and created a external bootable usb drive of Snow leopard for clean instals instead of using a DVD.

Hope this points you in the right direction

3. Flint2525 macrumors newbie

Also if your installing it on a pc with a dvd drive just burn the iso using Disk Utility.

Mount the iso drop it into the space under the hard drives on the left and burn at the lowest speed.

One last thing i take it your MB in the pc can boot from usb.