How to make Mouse Accelerator automatically activate on restart?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Qwerty11, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Qwerty11 macrumors regular

I use the Mouse Accelerator preference pane which allows you to control the amount of acceleration applied to the mouse. When restarting the computer you must go back into preferences and re-apply your chosen settings. Is there a way to make this happen automatically or another work-around program/pref. pane/terminal entry which can resolve this?

2. Qwerty11 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Bear macrumors G3

If I found the right preference pane, it seems it hasn't been updated since Snow Leopard. there's a chance it could not be compatible with Maverickls.

I suggest you try and contact the software developer responsible for it - that would be the best way to get it fixed.

4. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

Same problem with Better Touch Tool so I doubt it's app related.

5. Qwerty11 thread starter macrumors regular

I know its not app related or a mavericks thing. For some reasons you have to activate the prefs pane every time it restarts. Perhaps automator could be used to re-enable on every restart?

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Give this article a look. You might be able to put together an Applescript to do what you want then launch the script as a startup item.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I use MouseZoom. Been using it since OS X 10.3.

The last update (2.4) is for 10.6, but it's working just fine for me under Mavericks and I've never had to do what you are doing.