How to make my photo's better?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by acearchie, Nov 10, 2010.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Hi guys,

I have been set an assignment at University whereby I had to take pictures around London, UK that I could then link to the Olympics being held there in 2012.

I'm basically trying to make the best of a bad job as I didn't have long in London and I am only allowed to borrow equipment on a daily basis. I was also limited to the kit lens which constrained some of the ideas that I had in mind.

Sadly it's a bit beyond "go out and retake your photo's" sort of comment so I was wondering if you guys could tell me which photo's you think are the best and if you had any suggestions on how to make them look better perhaps using photoshop? I have a few more that I was able to take in a last minute attempt today but my age old Powerbook doesn't handle the RAW files to well so I will upload them tomorrow.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

I don't have any suggestions on how to better them, but:

1) Your exposure for making the Eye a ring of light must have been a long time given how slow that thing moves. :p

2) I like the train/tube platform, Thornham Grove and the quad panel, although only the first one makes me thing of any connection to the Olympics (I assume that's future games/stadium site).

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Thanks for the insights!

1) Funnily enough it was only 30secs. You would be surprised at how fast it seems to move even though it takes 30mins for one rotation!

2) Thanks for your favourites! The first picture is the games site as you thought and was the only interesting picture I could seem to take in Stratford as the rest is boarded up! All the pictures relate as the bus can represent transport, the tube platform could be speed or rush or empitness. That's what I meant by represent!

Here are the other pictures that I talked about!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos

try that website i load up my photos there and they get critiqued, you will learn a lot because people post there settings and equipment.

my acc is also tophatplus if you'd like to see my photos on there.

5. sananda macrumors 68020

I very much like this one.

6. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Thanks for the tip but I think at the moment I will stick to these forums as I am already signed up to too many things!

Thanks to sananda for selecting your favourite image. I wasn't sure about that one but it is nice to know that you like it and I will probably use it in the final project now!

Here is one final image that I was able to take yesterday.

Anymore comments would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Attached Files: