How To Make News Intro...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by acearchie, Feb 26, 2010.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I am looking to make a news intro for a new short film I am making with some friends. The film airs at school in 3 weeks so I do not have time to master or atleast get a copy of the 3D software that most of the tutorials require.

Also the news intro's are quite different than the ones in the US as they seem to be much more 2D based (and hopefully easier to imitate in After Effects).

Does anyone have any tips, tricks or tutorials which would help me? Or effects that they would suggest I try.

I would post a link to a Youtube video of something I am aiming to achieve but it is blocked from the school computers. If you are interested (and I thank you a lot if you are keen to help) then search BBC News intro in Youtube and you will see, what I think is a much more 2D news intro than the American Broadcasts!

Thanks!

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

I do have motion but have yet to really explore it as I only got Final Cut Studio late last year?

Surely motion is comparable to after effects which is what I'm keen on.

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Eric explains it pretty well. You don't need to know motion to follow his guides.