How to make picture small on contact picture?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobbRock, Jan 22, 2009.

1. RobbRock macrumors member

RobbRock

Im sorry if this has been posted but if you have seen in the commercials when a person calls there picture is shown as a small thumbnail instead of a large picture that takes up the screen. If anyone know i would appreciate it thank you

2. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

If you are using a PC, you sync your contacts with Outlook (or other e-mail program) then you have to add the photos to the contacts within Outlook. If you add photos to contact on the iPhone it will give you the big pictures.

I'm not sure how you do it on a Mac but I think it's similar, with whatever e-mail program.

Also you should try and search the forums because this has been posted several times before.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You have to already have their photo saved under their name on the address book on your computer, and then sync it over.

contact pictures from computer address book =small
    contact pictures taken on phone = big

4. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

If you add the contact picture from within the iPhone OS then you get a big picture.
    If you add the contact picture on the Address Book app in OS X you get a small picture.

Hope this helps :)

5. RobbRock thread starter macrumors member

RobbRock

6. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Then just manage your contacts in Address Book, then.

Adding pics to contacts on the phone itself = big photos, adding pics to contacts in Address Book = small pics.