Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flamboiement

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
I just got my iWork '06 and I'm using it to make my slides~~but I have three questions now,help me~~~

1. When I wanna add a reflection effect , it's easy and pretty good for a picture(inspector->reflection), but when I wanna add that effect on a table or a text, it's becoming gray and I could not choose it.( I've tried to copy the table or the text , then make it flip vertically , and adjust the opacity, but it seems strange--although that is very convevient and easy to achieve in Photoshop).

So how could I add the reflection effect on a table or a text???

2. When I make a shape on the canvas and then I wanna cut part of it, ok, I could click "format"->"mask" to cut part of a pic, how could I deal with a shape??

3. I really donnot know how to make a perspective effect on a pic or a table or a text.

I know the three effects above could be fufilled, because I have seen the same effects on the MacWorld 2006 presented by Steve Jobs...Help me,PLZ...

(I beg your pardon if I made myself disunderstood, English is my second foreign language...)

THX ALL

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
To add a reflection to anything in Keynote 3, enter the text/whatever it is you want to reflect on the slide you want, then from the File menu choose Export... and export just that slide as a TIFF (or whichever format you prefer). Open that TIFF in Preview, cut out the section you want to reflect (make sure the bottom cut is where you'd like the reflection to begin), and (in Preview) choose File>New From Clipboard. Save the resulting file, and then in Keynote choose Insert>Choose File.. and select the file you've just created. Whichever section you've just imported is now treated as an image, and you can then add the reflection effect.

I'm not too sure what you've asking in the 2nd and 3rd questions. In 2, do you just want to use a shape as a mask? This is explained in the Keynote manual.

Attachments

• textrefl.002.jpg
    textrefl.002.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 176

flamboiement

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
yeah, thx telecomm

As you told me, I understand now how to deal with Q1, it seems a little strange if I use the gradient theme, cause the background of the pic I exported from the text is not transparent,hehe,it seems that I should process it with PS and then import to Keynote~~~Maybe the Keynote 4 will have this function...

Q2 I found the reference in user guide of Keynote, thx

and how about the last one????How can I make the perspective transform to a pic, text, or a table???

THX so much~~~

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
All I can suggest with respect to your last question is that you explore the fonts menu (use Command+T to open this), which lets you add shadows, etc., to text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.