How to make/save money towards iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Josh Kahane, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hi

Sorry in advance, i didnt know where to ask this.

So anyway, im 15 years old in the UK. I figured out I'll hopefully have roughly £400 by christmas time (probably a little more) and want to get a new iMac. Im hoping they will upgrade them by them as well. I have been thinking about getting the lower end 24" version as well as i want it to last as long as possible and it will be nicer with the better spec. Only this will cost around £1,000 :(

I wondered if you had anyways i could make some money or save money on my iMac when i come to get it. Any ideas welcome, i need all the money i can get. Thanks.

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Get a job???

Although when you come to buy it, use the education discount on the apple website, should save you a bit of money. Either that or buy from the refurbished store, which should save you even more.

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

1. Do what I did. Sell your body. (Edit: You're only 15 :) )
    2. Get a job somwhere. You won't be taxed, you'll be raking it in.
    3. Use Education discount when you buy, or get a Refurb.

4. Josh Kahane thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd love to get a job, but my summer holiday just finished (best time for a job) and i went looking for one before but no one would take me, they all said i had to be 16, bit of a draw back on the job front.

5. tri3limited macrumors 6502

I setup my own website design company when i was 14 because i wanted the money to build my first PC.

I'm currently sat on my newly purchased 3.06 iMac using some of the money i made from my most recent job (>£3000!!!) and i'm only 18 now.

Don't under price yourself whatever product you offer, and negotiate with the client.

Get a client through your parents, their friends or even neighbours but remember to only offer a service or product you can actually do... and give them exactly what they ask for, and offer everything extra you think of at an added cost.

Finally as you consider them to be a 'good client' offer them your extended one year tech support on the product for free! Clients like freebies.

Product-wise i suggest graphics/logo, website design/development, video products (wedding videos/local performances... anything people will pay for)

Good luck and PM me if you need anything else!!