Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chiuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2011
NorCal, Bay Area
I'm actually quite desperate here now... haha.
I've been searching an answer on Google but no luck or no "real" answers.
But the SKYPE window is just waaay to big and I would like to make it smaller. Like iChat, where it only display your contact list.
My friend downloaded SKYPE and it his chat was just one small list instead of this big ugly chat screen.

Here is my screen:
skype-screen-2.png

Here is my friend screen that I want. I've tried asking him, but he has no idea cause when he downloaded, it was already like that.
skypemaccontactlist.jpg

Screenshots were from Google.
Does anyone know how I can make my SKYPE into the second picture?

Chiuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2011
NorCal, Bay Area
Have you checked to see if you're both using the same version?

I believe so. Even though that screenshot says BETA, but it's not our actual screen shot, it's from Google.

We downloaded SKYPE at the same time.
Idk, I'm gonna try finding some older version of SKYPE though

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I believe so. Even though that screenshot says BETA, but it's not our actual screen shot, it's from Google.

We downloaded SKYPE at the same time.
Idk, I'm gonna try finding some older version of SKYPE though
Click Skype > About Skype to check your version. Have your friend do the same. I didn't upgrade to the newest version because I didn't want the larger screen.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks.
But woooa, i assume if you downloaded an older version of skype, you lose all your contacts? >.<
Cause I just downloaded, and i dont have anyone.
All my contacts are in my Address Book. Skype just reads my Address Book.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I understand the value of that but it would just clutter my Skype contact list. There would be so many contacts without numbers.
Address Book contacts without phone numbers won't appear in Skype.
All Address Book contacts with a phone number will be displayed in your contact list.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Still too much clutter from people that I never call or have fallen of the face of the Earth.
That's certainly your choice. I just keep my Address Book up to date and remove contacts that I never call or have fallen off the face of the Earth.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
People forget me. I do not forget them.
How would they know you don't forget them, if you never call them? :D Seriously, though, it's a matter of personal preference. You can either maintain a contact list in Skype, or you can maintain the contact list in Address Book. The functionality works the same, whichever you prefer. Even if my Skype account disappeared, I'd still have all my contacts. It works for me. YMMV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.