How to make status bar translucent

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by celticpride678, Jul 6, 2010.

1. celticpride678

I jailbroke my iPod touch 2nd generation to get wallpapers on the home screen. However, because it's not Apple's implementation, the status bar does not become translucent, so I think it looks pretty bad.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the status bar translucent on the home screen - running iOS 4? Thanks.

2. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

I'm not sure about your problem.. Prior updating to iOS4 i used Winterboard to add wallpapers and i never got any problems with the status bar. After updating to iOS4, i now have wallpapers by the native implementation which also works fine. Mind if i ask why wouldn't you use Apple's implementation if you're using iOS4 which supports it? (and it also saves more resources than using Winterboard)

3. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Because on a 2nd-generation iPod touch, wallpapers are not supported and using the Apple implementation by changing that one false to a true makes the device laggy.

Besides, WinterBoard user wallpapers does not work on iOS 4 yet.

4. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

I'm using an iPod touch 2G with official multitasking+wallpapers unlocked. I don't think there's an issue with it being laggy, at least it's better than when i used Winterboard (which i didn't know it doesn't work because this was the only reason i were using it ;))

5. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

On mine, when opening and closing applications, there is a lag. Other than that, the device works fine. But that lag bothers me.

6. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

Hmm i haven't noticed anything like that on my device.. So are you actually replacing the files yourself to get a wallpaper? If this is the case then i'm sorry but i can't really help.. Haven't messed that much with system files yet

7. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Ok - I guess I'll try Apple's way again.

Yes, I'm changing the file directly for the wallpaper.

UPDATE: Turns out I suck at modifying system files. I broke something and am restoring my iPod right now. After is syncs everything again, I'm going to re-jailbreak and try it again.