How to make the iPhone vibrate when you get a new email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixxiano, Jun 25, 2009.

1. felixxiano macrumors newbie

I need to have the phone in silent mode b/c work, but my phone only vibrates when I get a new txt message, appointment or a call. However, I'd like it to vibrate when I get a new email.

Anyone has any idea how to get around this?

Thanks

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

if you have the phone set to vibrate, and you're getting other alerts via vibration, then there's some issue because vibration for email is not a separate setting. check to make sure you have alerts for email set in settings.

3. ineedamac macrumors 6502

Settings --> Sounds --> New Mail = On

That should do it. I currently have my iPhone on silent/vibrate and well it vibrated when I received a new email...

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Mine's on and it doesn't vibrate when I get a new mail. (If I'm on silent mode)

5. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

On the topic of vibrate, I have a question. If I remember correctly my iPhone 3G used to vibrate when I would flip the "ring/silent" switch to silent, but now all of a sudden for the past month or two my phone does the opposite. When I switch the phone off of silent it vibrates, but when I switch it to silent it does nothing. Does anyone else have this going on? When in silent mode everything still works correctly, it just vibrates when I go to loud instead of silent. Kind of an odd bug.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Settings>Sounds

Turn your "Silent" section on Vibrate to on, and it will vibrate when you flip to silent, not the other way around.

7. felixxiano thread starter macrumors newbie

Same here; the phone was 'asleep', and when I unlocked it, there were 2 new emails in my inbox and it hadnt vibrated.

It's kinda annoying.. I need my emails asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Did the trick, I completely forgot about that setting. It must have switched back to silent when I updated the software last time. Thanks!

9. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

My 3GS vibrates when I receive an email in silent mode.