How to make the watch not sleep

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Abba 701, May 1, 2015.

1. Abba 701 macrumors regular

Is there anyway to make the watch not sleep? When a view an app is just goes to sleep and I have to wake it up by moving my wrist.

2. mynameisjosh macrumors regular

mynameisjosh

3. Abba 701 thread starter macrumors regular

That's the only way?

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes it's the only way.

5. Denziloshamen, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015

Denziloshamen macrumors member

Nope, it's not the only way!! I found that twiddling the crown back and forth whilst wanting a alto stay on the screen longer worked for me.

6. blackbear219 macrumors regular

No need to move your wrist. Just tap the screen.

7. Abba 701 thread starter macrumors regular

I know but it's annoying.iphones and iPads have options of auto lock.This doesn't

8. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

I would like the option to set the screen on duration. I like to be able to gather the information i need and this takes longer than the 5 seconds the screen stays on. Tapping it is OK but I want to be able to use it hands free when glancing at it.
    Next software update?

9. blackbear219 macrumors regular

I think it's just another one of those things that we have to deal with under the current battery technology. Apple has done literally everything they could to make these things last all day, and turning off the screen as quickly as possible is part of that.

I think I remember reading that one of their early prototypes only lasted an hour or so before it drained the battery. It's been an uphill battle for them since then to maximize the efficiency of both hardware and software to get it to where it is today, which is really quite remarkable.

10. Denziloshamen macrumors member

Read my answer in post 5 people. No tapping or wrist shaking required!!!

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That still requires twiddling with the watch crown. People want a way for the screen to stay on without them having to do anything.

12. Denziloshamen macrumors member

If you're looking at the watch though, chances are you finger is resting on the crown anyway. You just need to move the crown up and down whilst looking at the screen to keep it on longer. I do hope we'll have the option to pick our own screen on time in a future update.

13. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

Thank you for the tip! I wish I had known this sooner.

14. Cuyler macrumors 6502

You can also keep the screen on if you lightly rest a finger on a corner of the watch face. Unfortunately, doing that or twiddling with the crown still requires two hands.