How to manage company contacts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidcafor, Jun 3, 2014.

1. davidcafor macrumors member

davidcafor

Hi!

It's been a lot of time that I wanted to manage all my ios contacts and use mail app with my gmail account.
    My main problem is that I send a lot of email each day to company's that I don't have them on my contacts list because I don't have their phone (just use email).
    So the question is simple, how do you organize your contacts? do you use family & friends with companys all together?
    I think that I could add companys as contacts just filling the email and the name.
    Now I'm using gmail for the email and contacts for the phone, but I want to start using mail app with ios contacts, not gmail contacts.

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I have multiple accounts with GMail. On two of the accounts I have calendar and contact syncing turned on. That way my personal and professional contacts and calendars sync with separate accounts.

Then I use Thunderbird with the Lightning, Google Contacts and Google Calendar add-ons to sync with the computers.

The business gmail accounts use Google Apps so that I can use my domain. The personal is a regular Gmail account.