How to Manage Music from Mac, PDFs from PC

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KPOM, Mar 21, 2012.

1. KPOM macrumors G5

I am new to iPad, and am looking for the best, least expensive way to manage my iTunes library from my Mac, but still be able to copy PDFs from my work PC to the iPad.

Unfortunately, in their infinite wisdom, Apple doesn't allow you to sync Music from one iTunes PC and Books from another iTunes PC. It's all-or-nothing with one PC/Mac (even though, oddly, apps can be synced from more than one PC/Mac). I prefer not to e-mail large PDFs. Is FileApp useful for this purpose?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

The most sensible way is to set the iPad to "manually manage music and video" and then you can drag-and-drop content from any computer you're connected to.

4. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

I tried that. Unfortunately, when I synced books, it still erased all my existing data (except apps). Is it possible to drag-and-drop PDFs/books without "syncing" if this is checked?

5. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

Thanks, everyone. I purchased GoodReader after it was updated for the Retina Display and it is working well.