General How to manually install Cydia after jailbreaking iOS 8 (video tutorial)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hal~9000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/10/22/how-to-install-cydia-on-ios-8-video/

Just remember guys... Cydia substrate isn't updated yet for iOS 8 so most tweaks / apps wont work until it is.

2. Gary500, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

Gary500 macrumors regular

Gary500

I ran the script but cydia doesn't show up on the home page for me. :(

EDIT: This fixed it:

If Cydia is not showing up on springboard after install & multi reboots: Use SSH to connect to device. Then use this command:

ls /User/Library/Caches

This will show all files in the Caches directory, look for a file with the extension .csstore (my 6+ was named com.apple.LaunchServices-102.csstore)

Run the command:

rm /User/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-102.csstore

Then immediately run:

reboot

Finished. Just make sure you have the right file name because I believe different devices use a different number for the plist name.

This method re-runs launchservices on reboot.

3. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

When I try to click go and enter a command, I can't. It's greyed out.

4. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

Not sure if I did something wrong or if you're messing with us but that just put my phone into a boot loop. Ugh.

Edit: It just had to boot up about a dozen times and then all of a sudden it just booted normal and cydia was there.

5. Ericbe59 macrumors member

Ericbe59

Well, you're not alone. "Send command" is grayed out for me too. I've tried everything. Connecting, reconnecting. Rebooting. Reinstalling. Nothing worked. Any ideas out there, you Cyberduck experts???

6. webcrush macrumors regular

Corrections:

1) the command to run to install cydia needs TWO dashes in front of the 'install' argument. Ie - "dpkg –-install cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb"

2) the second command to execute is "reboot", not restart

7. Ericbe59 macrumors member

Ericbe59

So, I switched from Cyberduck to Winscp. It would allow me to run the commands in a terminal window, but returned the message that errors were encountered and that Cydia was not installed. I give up.

8. Ericbe59 macrumors member

Ericbe59

After installing Pangu, then SSH and trying to get the SFTP commands to install Cydia... I found that Safari was all messed up. It would not browse correctly and gave errors on all sites. Thus, I had to restore from a recent back up. Sucked. I don't know what went wrong, but I'm waiting for a later, more bug free Pangu version that integrates Cydia.

9. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

10. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

Followed all of the steps, but Cydia didn't install?