How to manually manage songs from 3 pc's

keevill

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
I've just bought an iphone 4S and also a MacAirBook with OSX Lion and I love them !
Having come from a Linux environment where transferring songs to my devices was problematical to say the least, I was rather disappointed that using Itunes, I face annoying problems.
I work using three computers, one of which is the new MBA machine.
What I want to do is to manually manage songs. I do not want to sync viz mirroring content on one machine to the iphone 4S.
I want to select a few songs from whichever machine the Iphone is connected to and copy them across.
When I select 'manually manage songs etc' I get the usual scary message that all will be erased from the iphone however, I go ahead and only the songs are gone.
So I just move the songs then manually to the iphone and disconnect.
If I reconnect to the same machine later, all is still ok.
However, when I connect to the second machine, let's say the MBA, and select manually manage, the same scary message appears and yes indeed all the songs are gone.
When I reconnect to the first machine, lo and behold, the "'manually manage songs" has been unchecked again.
Round and round I go like this.
How can I 'manually manage songs' from 3 different computers to my iphone ?
Does Itunes not allow this ? I know that it can only 'SYNC'' to one itunes DB but I do NOT want to SYNC , I just want to selectively copy certain songs from whichever machine my iphone is connected to.
-keevill-

keevill

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Solved

Thanks, I used CopyTrans and it works fine.
I could have sworn with my older iphone I was able to manually manage from 3 computers after the initial erase and sync.
Perhaps cos it was JB.
-keevill-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.