Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dperez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I've been recording some of my lectures with the notebook function of Word MAC 2004, but I'm recently having the problem that sometimes, when I try to stop the recording, the program becomes unresponsive (with the dreadful beach ball spinning forever). I've tried already to patiently wait for something to happen but I ultimately have to force quit the application.

The main issue is that, even if I've just saved the file before trying to stop recording, when I reopen the file, the audio notes in the document are always lost (or at least unaccessible from word) :confused:. Is there a way to manually retrieve this recordings... I mean, they must be around somewhere in the hard drive (since when the program is still frozen you can see they were taking several megabytes).

I would really appreciate suggestions, there are several important lectures that I need for revising and, since I was relying in the audio notes, my manual notes are not as complete as they should.

Thanks!!

Daniel

jw281

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
Recovery of Audio File?

Did you figure out how to do this? I would really appreciate some input, I just lost a really important conference call with info that I need! Please post if you've figured this out!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.