How to mass email contacts w/o addresses showing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Loyalty4Life, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Loyalty4Life macrumors regular

I know there has to be a way for us to mass email our contacts without manually entering in each address and also showing publicly the addresses we are sending to. Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to do this? I've searched on Apple discussions, the support page and Google but did not find anything.

Thanks.

2. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

3. Loyalty4Life thread starter macrumors regular

Is it that easy? :eek: Thank you!

What about automatically putting people in the BBC field without manually entering them in? Is there a way to create this? Thanks again.

4. mdhwoods macrumors regular

yes it is.

bcc=blind carbon copy

5. Loyalty4Life thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see a BBC field in the Mail application. Only CC. Where is it?

6. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Depends on your email program, but often you can select all contacts and then send a message to them. Do it hte same way as putting them in the "to" field, except put them in the bcc field. Send the email to yourself.

7. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Start composing a new message and then Check "BCC Address field" under the VIEW menu...

8. Loyalty4Life thread starter macrumors regular

Bingo! Thank you.

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Assuming you're on a Mac, create a group in Address Book, drag who you want in the group to it and then start typing the name of the group in Mail in the BCC field. The group name will automatically show up and then it'll fill in everyone once you select it (hit enter, etc).

10. Loyalty4Life thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again.

11. Mac In School macrumors 65816

In the attached image, see the second checkbox under the "addressing" option.

I prefer this to BCCing people. Some people have spam filters that eliminate messages where their address does not appear in the "To" field.

Attached Files:

12. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Which if you think about it is sorta silly. I have NEVER had spam received or filtered where I was a bcc addressee. Always a "To."

If the mailing list in question has any corporate addressees, bcc should be safe, as it's fairly commonly used; I don't imagine anyone would filter on that. All my spam is filtered based on senders, subjects, and some message body triggers.