How to merge .mts files?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Doc Horrorshow, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Doc Horrorshow macrumors member

Doc Horrorshow

I've tried TSmuxer which closes down every time I attempt to open it and am wondering therefore if anyone here can recommend me other software that will allow me to join multiple .mts files together.
    Thanks!

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
    Memory: 4 GB
    OSX 10.6.8

2. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Clip Wrap seems to do what you want. It will take the .mts files and re-wrap them as Quicktime .mov files, merging spanned files along the way. You can elect to just re-wrap them or transcode.
    You can download a free limited trial of ClipWrap and try it out with your own .m2t/.mts files. Unfortunately, you are limited to the first minute of video in each file, so you'll be able to test the re-wrapping function but not the merging function.

3. Doc Horrorshow thread starter macrumors member

Doc Horrorshow

Hi, Thanks for your input. I don't actually want a mov file or any kind of folder just an .mts file composed of smaller ones. Will CW do this for me?
    Thanks again,
    DH

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

See if you can just cat them together with the command line. Otherwise, ffmpeg will do this for you.

5. Doc Horrorshow thread starter macrumors member

Doc Horrorshow

ff mpeg

Trying to download it has given me a migraine. Presumably it's a program for techies, which I am not. Thanks all the same.