Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Ok so long time ago I was using an @comcast.net email account for iTunes, however a year later I switched to my MobileMe now I would like to take all my app and music purchases and just merge them into my @me.com account?

I do not think there is a way to do this, but can you contact Apple and will they merge the two together? It is so annoying having to use the old ID when I need to update an Old application.

jamesdmc

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2007
Cittagazze
I'm in the same boat. Comcast.net account with a long purchase history. I'd like to merge everything with my mac.com account, but no dice. I've just learned to live with it...sort of.

new-to-mac

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
a bit off topic but is it possible to have 2 itunes accounts and have apps from both itunes accounts on the same ipad?

basically I have an itunes account linked to an email with a specific country. I would like to create a new itunes account with either the same email or a different email but with a different country and be able to access any app purchased with either itunes account at any time on my ipad without having to change apple id

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
a bit off topic but is it possible to have 2 itunes accounts and have apps from both itunes accounts on the same ipad?

basically I have an itunes account linked to an email with a specific country. I would like to create a new itunes account with either the same email or a different email but with a different country and be able to access any app purchased with either itunes account at any time on my ipad without having to change apple id

Install apps, download music, etc

Log out

Install apps, download music, etc

Repeat.

Note that any updates to purchased apps require you log into the purchased account to update.

This lets you use existing apps and purchases. But all future purchases should probably be purchased on the new account.

Me? I just changed my AppleID email when I needed to.

Me@gmail.com

Logged in on AppleID.apple.com

Changed email

Now all my purchases are tied to that email. Not the old one. Don't create a new AppleID. Just change the email.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA

kgs covered this well. But, I'm not sure if it will work for multiple countries as Apple may have other restrictions or possibly some apps that are available in one country's store but not the other. Doesn't hurt to try though.

new-to-mac

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
kgs covered this well. But, I'm not sure if it will work for multiple countries as Apple may have other restrictions or possibly some apps that are available in one country's store but not the other. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Yes this was actually the main point. Some apps and movies are only available in some countries. Some apps are significantly cheaper in the US itunes store. I will give it a go and let you know how it works out.

thanks for the input

ewm3

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
apps to iPad from different computers

Hi
I have an iMac, Macbook pro and iPad 2
I usually download apps to iPad from the iMac - no problem
I tried to download apps to iPad from Macbook pro - problems!
I got an app and tried to sync the iPad from the Macbook Pro. I received a warning that all apps would be removed from the iPad. Also, all the apps appear 'greyed out' on the Macbook version of iTunes.
I used same account info, authorised computers etc.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Hi
I have an iMac, Macbook pro and iPad 2
I usually download apps to iPad from the iMac - no problem
I tried to download apps to iPad from Macbook pro - problems!
I got an app and tried to sync the iPad from the Macbook Pro. I received a warning that all apps would be removed from the iPad. Also, all the apps appear 'greyed out' on the Macbook version of iTunes.
I used same account info, authorised computers etc.
Any suggestions?

Turn on manual syncing not automatic syncing.

You can then drag the apps into the iPad from the MBP.

You can only "sync" an iOS device with a single computer. It's best if you dedicate one computer to it, otherwise you have to set one of the computers to manual and i believe it is also a one way "sync" in that case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.