How to mimic Marverick to Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by novetan, Nov 16, 2015.

1. novetan macrumors 6502

I just installed Marverick OS to a new partition while retaining my old OS (Snow Leopard). I like the old display and its style. How do I get the new OS to mimic the old. Here's 2 pic to explain:

1) The old OS can have the colour bar acrossed the title. That becomes very vivid to me. In new OS, its just a tiny dot at the side of title. Is it possible to mimic the old OS?

2) In old OS, after widening the column and close folder, upon open the width of column doesn't change. In new OS, however you widen, it seems to go back to narrow column (maybe default mode) upon opening folder again. This is very irritating as the narrow column doesn't allow me to view the complete title.

Any solution to abv? Tks very much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I use TotalFinder ($9) and it has worked great for me. :) I think it will do what you want.

Another possibility is XtraFinder (free), but I have not used it.

3. novetan thread starter macrumors 6502

Tks. Will try it tmr. Does it also make the column wider?

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Yes, TotalFinder does. There is a Finder>TotalFinder Preferences...>File Browser>Automatically adjust widths in Column View setting available.

Unknown about XtraFinder.

5. KRivers macrumors member

KRivers

6. novetan thread starter macrumors 6502

Being toiling my work passed week, finally downloaded TotalFinder. Wow, work as SL. Tks so much