Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked-Weasel

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2009
Minimizing forehead scar-Best Practice

Use the bacitracin religiously.

Then, remember it is a scar and nothing can remove a scar except surgery--even 99% of "xyz will minimize your scars!" or "soften" as they say are snake oil. Surgery obviously would make less sense in this case, but you COULD just budget $500 to get a microdermabrasion next year once it's all healed! That or laser resurfacing are the only two things that can PHYSICALLY CHANGE the surface of your skin, and permanence is not guaranteed but there may be some permanent minimization with either process.

Thx Wongulous for the suggestion. I will definitely will consider laser resurfacing in about year from the time of the accident when I received my scar. I just saw a dermatologist to see what was what regarding lasers and microdermabrasion, and he totally recommended laser resurfacing if I'm not happy with the scar. In the mean time, I'm using Silicone sheeting (biodermis) over the scar area right after the wound closed for 12 weeks , and then Mederma ointment for another 12 weeks or more, and avoid sun for up to a year (premature sun exposure will make scars red). I'll Check the scar out then and decide: laser or no laser. Either way, Should have a nice outcome. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
i have a scar on my back (from a mole removal). But i just make up some good knife fight story when people ask about it :D

rukus

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
ive also got a good eye damage story that involves someone completely writing off a dodge shadow with his face.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.