Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johntech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
I am trying to find the proper mounting hardware to mount a 30" Cinema Display on a wall. I would like to have the monitor as close to the wall as possible and still be able to do a slight screen tilt if it needs to be adjusted a little. Ideally, I would like for this mounting hardware to be no more than 2 inches in width so the monitor is as close to the wall as possible.

I noticed that Apple sells a "VESA Mount Adapter Kit," however, I don't know what "compatible" VESA wall mount would work with this adapter to accomplish what I would like to do. I am a bit confused by all the different VESA mounts that are out there... some say "75" or "100" -- I had no idea what that refers to.

Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-John

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I am trying to find the proper mounting hardware to mount a 30" Cinema Display on a wall. I would like to have the monitor as close to the wall as possible and still be able to do a slight screen tilt if it needs to be adjusted a little. Ideally, I would like for this mounting hardware to be no more than 2 inches in width so the monitor is as close to the wall as possible.

I noticed that Apple sells a "VESA Mount Adapter Kit," however, I don't know what "compatible" VESA wall mount would work with this adapter to accomplish what I would like to do. I am a bit confused by all the different VESA mounts that are out there... some say "75" or "100" -- I had no idea what that refers to.

Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-John

My advice would be go the the nearest apple store (if there is one) and look at the 30'' and ask if the carry the mounting hardware. That's what I would do or even call them for advice on where to buy it

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Your ACD is VESA-100 compatible. The 100 and 75 in VESA mounting references the spacing (in millimeters) between the mounting holes. Most mounts contain holes for both VESA-75 and -100 devices. You can pick out any mount you want, and as long as it's VESA-100 compatible (and can handle the weight of the 30", but I doubt that will be a problem), it should work. You don't have to buy the Apple one.

johntech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Your ACD is VESA-100 compatible. The 100 and 75 in VESA mounting references the spacing (in millimeters) between the mounting holes. Most mounts contain holes for both VESA-75 and -100 devices. You can pick out any mount you want, and as long as it's VESA-100 compatible (and can handle the weight of the 30", but I doubt that will be a problem), it should work. You don't have to buy the Apple one.

Thanks for the info.

Do you know of any good stores online that sell wall mounts? I did some searching and couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.

-John

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
i mounted a 20" iMac in my kitchen recently

try sanus for a mount, they make heaps of differnet ones, good quality too.

you will need the apple vesa mount kit, AND a wall mount. you will be very lucky to get it as close as 2" to the wall... see the iKitchen link in my sig for info on Sanus, etc

James

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
Revisiting this thread - does any one know of a current source for Apple's discontinued mount for the ACD 30" VESA mount? Or a third party source for it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.