How to mount iPhone, access files?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dndlnx, Jul 28, 2011.

1. dndlnx macrumors 6502

dndlnx

What is currently the best way (if any) to mount an iPhone like a drive? I came across different things that supposedly do it, like "Phone Disk" or "DiskAid".

I am trying to recover some data from my phone. But I need it to mount and show up as "disk5" or something, for the program to work.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm guessing there is no way for it to show up the way you need it to show up. PhoneDisk is about the closest thing you'll get.

3. dndlnx thread starter macrumors 6502

dndlnx

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, but it won't show up as a BSD device. Only Finder will see it.

5. dndlnx thread starter macrumors 6502

dndlnx

I wonder if Disc Utility could see it. Maybe I could make a DMG copy of the iPhone drive and mount it...

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Disk Utility doesn't see it.

7. dndlnx thread starter macrumors 6502

dndlnx

I can see this isn't going to be simple as I hoped...

Maybe something like this would work? Mostly what I'm trying to do is recover photos, anyway.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Where the photos deleted from the iPhone without them being backed up via iTunes? If that, then there is no way to get them back.

Where the photos backed up before they where deleted? If that, the app you linked to might work as long as your backup is not encrypted and you haven't synced your iPhone since the backup of the photos was taken.