Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coshlo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I've recently converted to apple from PC. I'm trying to find a program that works like deamon tools does on windows. It's a virtual cd/dvd emulator program so you can mount ISO images on your computer. Does anyone know a mac compatible software like this?

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Assuming you have an ISO disk image, all you do is double click it and OS X mounts it automatically, no extra software needed.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
I've recently converted to apple from PC. I'm trying to find a program that works like deamon tools does on windows. It's a virtual cd/dvd emulator program so you can mount ISO images on your computer. Does anyone know a mac compatible software like this?

disk manager, built right into OS X.

JolieMao

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2009
:mad: I converted .nrg to .iso in order to mount the
latter on Mac. While can't open any .iso on my mac
with double click.
Is there anybody tell me some other solutions pls?

just an update. I went to the ' disk utility'
selected 'mount image files', then selected
the .iso file. The mac give me a warning
window,said the file could not be loaded.:mad:

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
It may be a bad ISO. I load them just fine with a double click.

Also, if you happen to have the original disks just make a mac version of the ISO. To do this:

Insert the disk, drag and drop the disk icon onto the disk utility icon and a screen will pop up asking you what format to save the image in, choose "CD\DVD Master" and itll create a nice little dmg file on your desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.