How to move address book?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drjaymez, Jul 26, 2010.

1. drjaymez macrumors member

I recently was having KPs and did a fresh install of Snow Leopard on my 4.1 MB. It has been running great!

Problem: I am hesitant to use the migration assistant because I don't want to migrate the software issue that was leading to my KPs.

Therefore, I logged in as root and copied my old address book from the drive image I did as a backup before I reinstalled Snow Leopard. Essentially, copied the directory address book from /users/library/application support/address book from the old hard drive image to the new directory for my new user.

This didn't work, and now when I open Address book it doesn't display ANY contacts (not even Apple or myself).

How best to proceed?

from mroogle, it has become apparent that I should have exported my address book before doing the reinstall, but it is a bit late for that, now isn't it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. drjaymez thread starter macrumors member

Already figured it out!!!

For anybody else reading this thread, the way I fixed it is after copying that directory over, I didn't have access to the files because the permissions were for the user from the old OSX install, so I added Read&Write access for the new user for the address book directory, and all is well. :)