How to move apps on iPhone 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dino F, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I currently have an iPhone 6 (not the 'S' model) where, when you tap and hold an app, it starts to wiggle, so that you can then move it about on the screen.

However, yesterday, when I was in my local Apple Store and playing about on the iPhone 6S and 6S+, I just couldn't get this to work?!?! :confused:

Everytime I held an app, the phone wanted to go into 'Forcetouch' mode, i.e. the rest of the screen kinda blurred out and the app I was holding, would pulsate once, indicating that I needed to press harder to go into Force Touch mode, but I just couldn't get the app to wiggle (I tried countless times, on both the 6S and the 6S+), in order to move it around?!?!?!

Does this work differently on the 6S and 6S+ or was I just doing something wrong??!
    :confused:

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Works the same. Sometime devices act differently if they are plugged into a charger.

3. martin2345uk macrumors regular

martin2345uk

I think the option to move/delete apps might be disabled on the App Store demo phones.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Apple Store does not want customers to uninstall their preloaded apps. Nor they want customers to buy and install new apps from App Store, on those demo iPhone. Same as contents.
    But for the 6s you buy, either touch screen lightly and last long enough or press the screen a bit harder but not too hard to trigger force touch menu and last a while. Icon will jiggle and you can delete apps.

5. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

....ahh right - that makes sense!!! Thought I was going mad not being able to get this to work on the demo phones!!!!

:p

Thanks for the clarification people!
    ;)

6. madgibbon macrumors regular

When I switched to a 6s Plus I had issues removing apps at first. I then realized I was pressing too hard, with force touch devices you only need a light press to get he icons to wiggle.