How to move emailed photos out of camera roll and into albums?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by SamTheMan65, Oct 5, 2012.

1. SamTheMan65 macrumors newbie

I'm working on cleaning up my Imac and MBP at the same time setting up my Iphone 5. I have a lot of photos I'd like to organize on my Iphone. I can't sync with my computers (yet) because they both don't have all the same images so obviously I would lose some either way. So I emailed about 20 images to my iphone and saved them (they were saved in Camera Roll). I have about 8 albums I created and would like to move the same images out of Camera Roll and into my customized albums. Doesn't seem to be a way to accomplish this. Any ideas? Clicking "Add to New Album" doesn't help and I don't see any other options.

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

No way to do it. All photos must remain in the roll.

3. davidinva macrumors 6502a

I have a folder on my computer labeled "Photos for iPad/iPod." It contains albums. That is the folder I use to sync to my iPad and iPod. I haven't played with albums on the iPad. The few photos I have taken with my iPad, I emailed to myself and put them into the appropriate album in the folder mentioned. I periodically add photos to the computer folder and they transfer the next time I sync the iPad. There are probably better ways, but that works for me now.

4. SamTheMan65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help.

----------

Interesting idea. Thanks.

5. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Once I realized I couldn't move photos from the camera roll to folders that I sync from my computer, I made new folders on my phone and "moved" photos from the camera roll to those folders, only to find out that the photos remain (and MUST remain) in the camera roll, too. Kinda pointless.

Regards,
    Tom

6. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

It didn't make sense to me either, then I realized its like iTunes.
    Folders in iPhone are like playlists in iTunes.

----------

Btw, try putting the photos on your Mac in photostream in iPhoto on your Mac.
    They should appear on your iPhone photostream as well. You can then save them to camera roll.