How to move everything from iphone to new macbook pro

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sharonn, Aug 3, 2011.

1. sharonn macrumors newbie

My iphone 3GS is synced to an old pc which has now died. I now have a macbook pro, but cant manage to get anything from the iphone onto my macbook..

only the photos from my "camera roll" have moved across (using image capture), however i have other files (they come up under the camera roll file on my iphone) with old photos that wont transfer.

I also have a lot of music that i dont want to lose either..

is there any way i can save my photos and music?

2. Monkey Johannon macrumors newbie

Monkey Johannon

If i remember correctly, after you've authorized your new computer, the music you have that was purchased in iTunes under the same account will transfer back simply by going to "File" and hitting the "transfer from iPhone" prompt.

As far as the pictures go...iPhoto wouldn't pull all of the photo files from the iPhone when sync'ed?

3. sharonn thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't work :(

it only says "transfer purchases from iphone", under file.
    The songs that wont transfer across are old cd's etc from the previous computer, not itunes purchases..

As for the photos, the only ones that will transfer across are ones that were taken on the iPhone.. I have thousands which were taken before i had the iphone, which were stored on the old computer, which wont come across to the new macbook..

Frustrating!!