How to move videos to imovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snipit, Jul 19, 2010.

1. snipit macrumors newbie

Can someone help me. I'm trying to move videos from iphoto to imovie. How do I do it. I know i have done it before but it has been a while and now I can't figure it out. I exported the whole file but only the photos appear.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

3. snipit thread starter macrumors newbie

I have imovie '09. What I did was open imovie and load my videos that way from my camera. Then I went to load my daughters videos and they went to iphoto but I can't get them into imovie.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Have you clicked on the camera icon on the right hand side of the iMovie window? That should show all movies in iPhoto. Otherwise, try dragging them from iPhoto onto the desktop and then import form the iMovie menu bar.

5. KingPiva macrumors newbie

You first save your movie in iphoto . Say you save it under documents. Go to your Finder, then once you find your document you right click it and press " get info". Then you go down the columns until it gives the subtitle "Open With". Then you simply change it to open with imovie. Make sure you change it from saying recommended applications to all applications. Hope this helped , any questions contact me =)