Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macNewbie02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Hey,

Sometimes using Safari I have several windows open. I would like to know is there a keyboard shortcut that allow me to move the current window to another desktop?

Thanks.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
^^
I think he means to another desktop (spaces) on the same monitor, not a different monitor
But I could be mistaken too

I am not aware of one, but that doesn't mean their isn't one
I usually drag it to a new desktop

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Under system prefs - keyboard - Keyboard shortcuts select the mission control part and you can enable the "Switch to desktop x." If you do that, you can just click and hold the top bar of a window, hit your shortcut, and it will put it in that desktop.

Not sure if that is exactly what you're looking for or not.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Under system prefs - keyboard - Keyboard shortcuts select the mission control part and you can enable the "Switch to desktop x." If you do that, you can just click and hold the top bar of a window, hit your shortcut, and it will put it in that desktop.

Nice, sounds like what he wanted
I'll have to check that out myself

macNewbie02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
^^
I think he means to another desktop (spaces) on the same monitor, not a different monitor
But I could be mistaken too

I am not aware of one, but that doesn't mean their isn't one
I usually drag it to a new desktop

That is exactly what I meant. :)

----------

That's EXACTLY what I wanted. Thank you very very much that was great! :D
However, it involves using both hands - maybe there's a way to use only one hand ? :)

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
That is exactly what I meant. :)

----------

That's EXACTLY what I wanted. Thank you very very much that was great! :D
However, it involves using both hands - maybe there's a way to use only one hand ? :)

I just 3 finger swipe up to bring up mission control and drag the window to whichever desktop I want.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Keyboard shortcut? ...but there's nothing that will move it to another monitor. You can drag it to another monitor.

Well, yep there is. BetterTouchTool. You can use a keyboard shortcut to move to not only another monitor, but different locations on that monitor (center, bottom half, maximize, etc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.