how to not get disturbed while at the gym with apple watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lewanchris, Jun 15, 2015.

1. lewanchris macrumors newbie

Hi guys

im after a bit of advice

if i turn my iphone into aeroplane mode i cant connect to my watch

if i leave it on so i can control my tracks from my watch i keep getting calls, sms, whats app etc etc?

whats the best way to be able to control your music but switch of everything else?

thanks in advance to anyone who answers

2. tshai macrumors newbie

Sync a playlist to your watch, then use bluetooth headphones. No phone needed!

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Swipe up and all the way to the left and tap mute

4. Scaleo macrumors member

"Do not Disturb".
    Also available in the quick settings of your watch.

5. lewanchris thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks Tshai i did think of that but i prefer to use good old fashioned wired headphones. I hate it when the batt dies on normal headphones

Gav2k thanks i just tried this on the watch and phone without any luck. Is this for the phone or watch?

thanks

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Forget about mute. You want do not disturb.

7. lewanchris thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi all thanks for the replies
    problem is if i hit do not disturb on the watch my phone will still get alerts which i find annoying. Prior to this i would just put the phone on aeroplane mode so i could listen to music

Anyway this thread has been helpful as i didn't know about the do not disturb feature which i have now activated on my iphone. Im guessing if my iphone is on do not disturb then the alerts wont show up on my watch anyway

thanks again for all the replies - very helpful

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can set things up so that if you turn on Do Not Disturb on either the phone or the watch, BOTH devices go into DND. Then when you turn it off on one, both of them will come out of DND. To do this, go into the Watch settings, go to Do Not Disturb, and turn Mirroring on.

9. sdallnct2 macrumors regular

I'm hoping that add some customization. For example if I go for a 2 hour long run on the weekend, it is my time to decompress and get away. I don't want seemingly constant ESPN, CNN, ABC, Weather alert updates. But I DO want to receive text messages in case one of my kids truly needs me immediately. Or even if a buddy wants to meet for a beer later.