How To Nuke Activity Data?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipodlover77, Jul 2, 2015.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

It took me a couple of tries but I finally found the watch for me.

If you look on my calendar for the activity app, you would see that the days logged are pretty sporadic as I went through a trial and error on which watch to buy (SS, Sport, Size, etc etc).

Now that I have my permanent watch, how do nuke all my data from before? I want to start anew.

I've tried looking for a "reset all activity data" but can't seem to find it.

Any advice?

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Looks like you can only go in to the Health app and delete it individually so far. For example, Health Data | Heart Rate | Show All Data | Edit | Clear All.

3. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Already did :(

All it did was erase my heart rate data. The activity data from the app is still there (ie. calories burned, stand up time, blah blah blah)

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

did you try setting up the Apple watch as new?

5. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

I have! I'm starting to think the only way to get rid of the activity data is to wipe my phone which I was avoiding at all costs.

6. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Hmm so the data is in the activity app, not the Health app. I was going to say maybe check in the Health app under data sources and see what is listed. Having gone through multiple Apple Watches, I would actually be interested to know if each one is listed individually in there. If so, maybe delete the old one's, though I don't think that would solve your problem, since that doesn't sound like where the data is stored you want to delete.

7. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I still have the data in my Activity app that shows when the watch was being built and tested. No cleanup without a rebuild I bet.

8. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Yeah, huh. Did you try deleting "Flights Climbed", "Active Calories", "Steps", and "Walking + Running Distance" from the health app as well? Maybe Activity gets it's data from those? Just a shot though.

9. c55 macrumors regular

c55

Yeah I'm thinking Apple is working on that, they always talk about how your Activity Data is always on your watch or phone and it cannot be accessed by anyone besides you. Maybe it's too deep in the OS to be deleted by users as of right now.

I too have activity shown as far back as June 2nd and I just got mine a week ago.

10. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Tried and nothing. Just gonna reformat my phone today. I know this is gonna bother me. Haha.

11. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

You can restore your phone from an iTunes backup and as long as it's not an encrypted backup, it will delete all fitness and health data.

Tuck