How to open a 'DVD ' type file

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by THEROC, Dec 15, 2009.

1. THEROC macrumors member

Hello All
    Ok well I downloaded a supposed DVD and when I tried to open it, it had a few files that my system wouldn't recognise. These are:
    dh-ggmhlvlb.mdvdr.r00
    dh-ggmhlvlb.mdvdr.r01
    dh-ggmhlvlb.mdvdr.r02
    and so on. There are about another 50 similar files but with a different number at the end. Its a DVD from a concert and there are many of these.It has a greyish to black icon to the left. I have seen these before but have never needed to open one.
    I have tried MPEG Streamclip, iSquirt, Final Cut, iMovie...and I am running out of programs.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank You
    Rob

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Your sequentially numbered files are all parts of a segmented RAR archive. With all segments in the same folder, drag the first dh-ggmhlvlb.mdvdr.r00 to Stuffit Expander or The Unarchiver. This should give create a single Mini DVD±R disc image file named dh-ggmhlvlb.mdvdr.

3. THEROC thread starter macrumors member

eh??? why didn't I think of that? Maybe cause it didn't say rar... Thanks MisterM. I'll have a go and get back.

4. THEROC thread starter macrumors member

Ok...Stuffit didn't do much but after downloading The Unarchiver, that is working well though it's a very slow process, I will make it at the end. Thanks for your assistance.