How to open MS Word 08 into 'Page Width' zoom and not '100%' zoom

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PhilW, Jan 6, 2009.

1. PhilW macrumors newbie

Whenever I open a document with MS Word 08 on my MacBook, the document opens in the default zoom of 100%. The first thing I have to do so I can read the document is select View> Zoom> Page Width. I do this every time and it's getting a bit tedious.

Is there a way of forcing Word 08 to open everything in Page Width zoom?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

For all new documents that you create, you can set the normal template to the zoom that you want.

Open a blank document. Set the zoom to where you want it to be. Type "hi", and then delete it. (This is only so that Word knows that the document has been changed in some way.) Hold the Shift key while you go to the File menu, select Save All, then close the template.

This doesn't impact documents that you've already saved with their zoom set. You can either deal with manually setting the zoom to what you want it to be when you open it, or you can use a script to fix it on the document. If you just want to fix the zoom, it's faster to simply do that and then save; if there are other things that you want to fix (such as which view you use), check out this article from the Word MVPs: Set Window Size, View, and Zoom.

Regards,
    Nadyne.