How to open new tab controller view

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by jboase21, Mar 26, 2012.

1. jboase21 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'm trying to open a new view. When I do this I do "new file" and it opens a new view, however I can't seem to make this new view a tab controller view, it is only a blank white view. I just want my next view to be a tab controller view! I tried to delete the original view and drag the tab controller but it doesn't seem to link with the original code! If someone could help me that would be great!

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

So basically you want to open a new UITabbarController on a click of a button? So you want to PUSH on your NAVIGATIONCONTROLLER, a NEW controller?
    I hope that made any sence to you, and i showed you what to do nearly without the real code words.
    Or maybe show us what you have tried, so we can try helping you :)

3. jboase21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I believe I understood that haha. I'm pretty knew to all this but I want to push a button on a new view (not my original navigation controller) to open a new UITtabbarcontroller. I didn't think this part would be this difficult (and maybe it isn't) but it sure is confusing me. Thanks for the first reply, hopefully mine makes sense.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Apple recommends you only have the tab bar as the root of your app:

5. jboase21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh really? Guess thats why its so difficult to do then haha, well thanks for the reply.

6. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Its not hard actually, alot of apps do it, but it's just not recommanded :)