How to open Phone app when on a call?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Nermal, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't seem to be able to find the right search terms for this one...

I was just on a call, and needed to look up the number that a previous call had come from. Normally I'd go into the Phone app and choose Recents. But in this case, because I was currently on a call, opening the Phone app just went to the "call in progress" screen. How do you get out of that screen so that you can access the rest of the app?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You can't, that is "the rest of the app." When you're on the phone, you're using the phone app..don't know how else to expalin it, but unfortunately what you want is not possible.

So, for your instance, you can't look up your recent calls list while on a call. However, you can look up contact info, such as phone numbers of people in your contact list, by hitting the contact button on the call screen or opening the contacts app.

I know that doesn't solve your issue, just an FYI.

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Typical, it's the first time I've ever tried to do something else while on a call (which people are often quick to point out as a great iOS feature), and it's not possible to do it :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me know.

4. It Is James macrumors member

What part are you trying to access? Most of the features of the Phone app are available on the screen you see during a call.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

He specifically mentioned in the first post that he's trying to look at the recent call list.

This is not possible while currently on a call, as was already stated..