How to open up iWeb?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TSE, May 3, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

My hard drive failed a month ago, and I didn't back up. My iWeb website was lost, but still online. I downloaded all the websites contents from the internet with some program I was recommended from here. Now how do I open up my website with the contents in iWeb to edit it? Thanks!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Unfortunately there is no quick and easy method to reconstitute an iWeb domain file from raw html. For future reference, you may either want to backup automatically with Time Machine, SuperDuper!, or Carbon Copy Cloner, or do a manual backup of the iWeb project file by digging into ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites and pulling that to a flash drive or external drive. Double-clicking on the relocated Domain file from the alternate drive will set that as the new active file in iWeb and will allow you to even work on your site from another Mac as long as it has the same or newer version of iWeb.

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

I really do not want to start this website over, thanks for the help but if there is a hard way to do this then so be it. I just want my website back. Need help! Thanks.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The hard way is to look at your current site and recreate it from that. iWeb has no capabilities to import and exported site. It's unfortunate.