How to opt out of IOS developer beta

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by YMark, Jun 15, 2018.

1. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Can someone please post how to opt out and stop getting developer betas for IOS 11?

I've searched and the process is to go to Settings > General > Profiles and you can opt out from there. But on my iPad, I don't have "Profiles" under General.

Anyone been successful in opting out? I just got a new iPad to replace my Mini and I'm no longer interested in being a Beta tester.

Thanks

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

If you don't have the Profiles section, your device is not set up to receive beta updates - If it is on a beta release, it will revert back to the regular cadence when a new software update is publicly available

3. YMark thread starter macrumors 6502a

YMark

Well then why am I getting a notice under Software Update to install IOS 11.4.1 Developer beta 2?

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Perhaps the update installer was already downloaded to your device (or is part of the backup that you restored to your device)?

5. YMark thread starter macrumors 6502a

YMark

It was probably part of the backup. I purchased a new iPad and restored my backup from my old device. So how do I fix this conundrum?

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Check the storage in settings and see if the update is showing up there, and if it is you should be able to delete it from there.

7. YMark thread starter macrumors 6502a

YMark

I did do that and deleted it. But I still have the red notification with the notice that says "Download and Install" instead of the file that was there that I deleted.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2018 ---
    I connected to iTunes. This might be the ticket.

8. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Do the update - check if a profile section appears, if not, when the next public release comes out you should no longer see beta updates

9. YMark thread starter macrumors 6502a

YMark

I did the update. Am now running 11.4. No beta. So all looks good. Thanks all for the help.