How to order model 1661 instead of 1784

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kang8609, Sep 10, 2016.

1. kang8609 macrumors newbie

kang8609

In Canada, but I want to ensure I get the A1661 version, how can I select the model on the apple store site or app?

Attached Files:

2. unobtainium macrumors 68000

What's the difference? Can someone please explain?

3. poppy10 macrumors regular

4. kang8609 thread starter macrumors newbie

kang8609

So is there anyone that knows how it will work? even from previous years

5. ikenstein macrumors member

Just preorder a Verizon phone.

6. Andrew.s macrumors regular

Andrew.s

7. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Once again... I am baffled... why do non-Verizon/Sprint customers care about having CDMA support on their phone? Even in Canada... all of the Carriers will be using the GSM version. The Both models have the SAME LTE bands available. So... unless you are specifically going to be using it on a CDMA carrier... why does it matter?

8. nealh macrumors 6502

What if you want to change carriers? I have AT&T but may wish to switch to Verizon. I do not have a Verizon account now and there is no way to buy a fully compatible phone in the pre-order.

I ordered Black phone at and paid full price. I personally expect a iPhone I can use on any carrier. I am on no contract and owe the carriers nothing

9. RedOrchestra Suspended

Here's the page to "check" - http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

The Model A1661 (iPhone 7+) is a CDMA phone which won't work in Canada, according to the chart. So, are you looking for an iPhone that works "only" in China & Hong Kong? Because if you need it for both Canada & China/Hong Kong you better ask your carrier and be sure.

Otherwise, that chart shows only the Model A1784 (iPhone 7+), the GSM phone, is supported by Canadian Telcos.

10. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Right but, you'll have this phone for what, a year? And if you really don't want to wait until the end of the year you can trade in your current phone for a Verizon one in a Verizon store. They'll literally do anything to sign up a new customer.