How To: Play Google Videos on iPod Touch / iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MacVault, Mar 17, 2008.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

Just to let everyone know, if you don't already... since Google Videos are encoded in h.264 (in addition to Flash) in order to download for use on iPod, it is possible to stream Google Videos and watch on your iPod Touch or iPhone. Just go to a Google Video, go to the top of the column on the right side of the video, click on Download for Video iPod/SonyPSP. An Ajax-rendered dropdown will then say the following:

The download is starting. Please Save the video file.
    If the download does not start automatically, right-click this link and choose "Save As".

In the above text simply tap on "this link" with your finger. The .mp4 video will then start streaming and your iPod Touch or iPhone will play it full screen - just as do the videos on Apple's website.

I always thought how cool it was that we could watch YouTube videos on my iPod Touch and was always bummed that Google Videos were excluded. I was so glad to discover how to view them!

Attached Files:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Am I the only one confused as to why Google hasn't just moved the entire Google Video service to YouTube? It would make work-arounds like this not necessary.

TEG

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

They have.

R-Fly