How to play memories videos?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Simonmiller, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Simonmiller macrumors member

I've left my Photos app running overnight and have loads of memories created now, but I can't seem to work out how to play the slideshows - each memory has a big header image which looks like it should be the slideshow or videos as seen on iOS 10 but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything.

Am I missing something very obvious or are there no memories slideshows / videos in Sierra at the moment?

2. JonSarge3108 macrumors regular

JonSarge3108

I just press it (as in touch it, what's the right term?) and it comes up "Creating Movie' with a circle showing how much left to do... Once that completes (5 seconds?) then it starts playing the slideshow with some goofy music playing as well
    --- Post Merged, Jul 9, 2016 ---
    Sorry - that's on phone. I'll play on laptop and come back to you later ?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 9, 2016 ---
    OK - there's a Play button on the top (sideways triangle) which is a menu with 'Play Slideshow' at the bottom.

3. Simonmiller thread starter macrumors member

Ah thanks, yeah I just wasn't sure if slideshow was the same as memories - I thought they might be different. Thanks for getting back to me!

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    But that slideshow is clearly different than the memories video that was demonstrated for iOS 10. Does macOS not get the same level of functionality? Is it just not implemented yet? Is it hardware limited? Am I doing something wrong?