iPhone 8(+) How to play voice memos so only I can hear?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theres_a_nap_for_that, May 27, 2019.

1. theres_a_nap_for_that macrumors newbie

theres_a_nap_for_that

How can I play back a voice memo so it's not on the speakers? Sometimes I may not want everyone in the room to hear what I've recorded.

2. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Have you tried to use a wired headset or bluetooth? Sound should play through the headset. I don't know if it's possible to play through the phone speaker.

3. theres_a_nap_for_that thread starter macrumors newbie

theres_a_nap_for_that

I have not tried that and I imagine that would work but I was hoping to be able to without using a headset. I've got the volume all the way down and it's still too loud (or I should say it's loud enough that everyone nearby can hear it and that's louder than I need/want it to be).

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I mean if the lowest volume settings is still too loud for you then what do you think anyone can do about it?!

5. theres_a_nap_for_that thread starter macrumors newbie

theres_a_nap_for_that

I'm not thinking someone can "do" something about it. I'm asking if there is a way to make the sound not play from the main speakers but play from the speaker that is used when using the phone.

6. iliemp macrumors newbie

iliemp

If you are using mesenger then you just have to put it in your ear and you will listen the voice memo like when you are talking with someone on the phone :)