how to port mac setup to new drive with bootcamp..?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by seaking333, Jun 19, 2008.

1. seaking333 macrumors newbie

hello,

setup:
    macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/4Gb Ram.

problem:
    my xp partition has (of course!) broken! can't boot - tried everything - won't go into it as i've just bought a larger hard-drive to put in the 'book' so i'm going to reinstall windows from scratch (yet a-fu**ing-gain!)

but..

my mac partition is (of course!) fine and set up just the way i want it....

so...

is there a way i can 'port' my current mac osx across to the new (WD 320!) drive (into a bootcamp set up - as it were) and then do the windows thing?

sorry if this sounds dumb - if it's a simple answer i'll be more than happy!

thanks guys!

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Yep buy an buy a enclosure ( there only cheap ) put your new drive in it,get on google and download either carbon copy cloner or superduper follow the instructions to clone over OSX to the new
    drive,boot from it to make sure the drive is Ok,take out the drive out the enclosure & the old drive out the drive out your macbook & swap it for the new one

You say your windows partition is broken so there's not much point in cloning that to the new drive,once you have finished installing the new drive run bootcamp assistant to re-install windows